Re: Aircondition Hitachi please!

>On the train I starts to think, Adtranz's "Network Classic" did a good job
on
>refurbishing eyesore units of BR, can it be done with our Hitachi?
especially
>with "air condition" part?

With the installation of air conditioning into drivers cab, the idea was
studied of putting air con in saloon too. The air con was found to be too
expensive to install as the saloons aren't structurally strong enough to
support it. Even the drivers cabs which were built to take a fair impact in
an accident (more than fibreglass...) needed to be strengthened hence the
steel frame around the window.