Re: Metcard Private Ticket Inspectors

John Wayman wrote:

> Daniel Gerrard wrote in message
> <3670ff01.4387782@news.hyperlink.net.au>...
> >Staff? STAFF? You have to be joking. I though they were all taken out
>
> >and shot by the Gestapo years ago.
> >

> Some privileged passengers at so called Premium stations, still have
> staff
> that lock themselves out of sight, only appearing to go to the loo or
> take a lunch break, etc.
>
> Thus they give the appearance of being as scarce as Leadbeater's
> Possum or
> the Long-footed Potaroo.
>
> Some privileged people have actually been known to be able to purchase
>
> tickets from them!
>
> What stations are there in Melbourne that actually have staff to sell
> tickets?

Ringwood, where I work, especially the UP platform.  Furthermore, where
possible, I will be out there on the platform checking tickets and
helping customers.  Time actually goes quicker when I am out there than
in the booking office.  By the way, I have also made quite a few
friends, most of them are regulars.

As for stations in Melbourne that actually have staff to sell tickets, I
know the following stations on Alamein/Belgrave/Lilydale lines (Hillside
Trains - Eastern District) are staffed as indicated:

Lilydale*, Mooroolbark (UP - weekdays: 0600-1400 and some Saturdays),
Croydon* (UP), Ringwood* (UP and DN), Mitcham* (UP), Nunawading (UP -
Weekdays: 0600-1400), Blackburn* (UP/Centre), Box Hill*, Camberwell*,
Glenferrie*, Burnley (UP), Ashburton*, Boronia*, Upper Ferntree Gully*,
Belgrave*

* indicates premium stations - staffed from first to last train,
weekdays and weekends
UP indicates up platform
DN indicates down platform

Please note that due to shortage of station staff, some non-premium
stations may close during hours indicated above.

Cheers,

I.C.

Iming Chan                                     Station Staff, Ringwood
                                                       Hillside Trains
Email: chani@translib.com.au                      Melbourne, Australia
   ** To reply, please remove 'X' at the end of my email address **