Re: Driver Only

On Tue, 08 Dec 1998 05:32:00 GMT, mpp_editor@my-dejanews.com wrote:

>No this sugestion has seemed to be burried.  My beleif is this DOO working
>will operate between Maitland and Port Waratah/ Kooragang. If there is
>difficulty with a train, the worst case scenario would see assitance from
>Port Waratah arrive by car in approx 20 to 30 minutes.	The logic behind this
You're repeating an ancient rumour which was probably never anything
but a rumour :-

DOO will be trialled to most loading points in the lower Hunter
Valley, probably as far as Dartbrook.

>  In a related note, there is a hell of a lot of new high speed crossovers
>being installed in the Hunter Valley. There is a set of high speed crossovers
>right at the top of Minimah bank near Singleton for both directions, and also
>at least 5 sets are going to be installed between Sandgate and Maitland, to

Probably only three or four sets, not much point in having any more.
Up trains running on the down coal are going to cause delays to
departing trains heading north. The bi-di on the up branch on
Kooragang Island already causes delays to departing trains.

Iwi