Re: Station announcements, Sydney

Keep in mind there are no less than three different types of DVA in use at different
stations
each having different interfaces to control them.
The more elaborate, such as the one at Olympic Park apparently has the facility to
actually
choose from different inflections on words, while another has a two-line LCD display
as its
user interface (no monitor), typing in four digit number codes for words and phrases

(some of the more common destinations are short-cutted to letters on the keyboard)
BUT these codes are supplied in the station scroll for every train stopping at the
station - so still not really much excuse to screw it up.