Re: XPT Whinge,(cont)

Jack wrote:

> Mylorace wrote in message <19981208080059.26358.00001501@ng-fc1.aol.com>...
> >Jack,
> >You are missing my point, it is 1998 and the service is abyssmal, turn
> around
> >times, rubbish
> >have another train
>
> What absolute crap..... that is the crux of the whole matter..... there is
> not enuff time to service these things... people on the North Coast demand 3
> services in  each direction 7 days a week and they get em.. people between
> Melbourne and Sydney get 2 in each direction 7 days a week...  all this is
> magically done with 7 trains.... and if u can't understand that u are having
> a whinge for the sake of having a whinge....

Then magically find some more trains

> Government Authorities are
> pretty easy targets.... right?
>
> The State Gvt; is not doing us any favours, if we don't
> >complain long and loud we will never have a proper service.
> >This service should , at leasr be as fast as Driving, 5hrs Max, why all the
> >slow running
> >this train can do 160 kph, we all sit back and cop Dud service the track
> will
> >never be upgraded,
>
> Yes.... but how is that Countrylinks fault....... they are just a user

Yeh then it is about time whoever owns what starts up grading it

>  the workers will never show any sence of urgency, the old"
> >She'l be right mate" attitude will keep us in the slow lane.
>
> U don't mind usin the old scatter gun approach to railworkers i see......

What somethings changed ?????

> >I am a rail fan
>
> as one i think u should make more informed comments instead of foaming at
> the mouth and bagging pple who are doin their best to do a job

Some times

>  but will do all my rail travel overseas until the service is
> >of at least an acceptable standerd
>
> Your nonpatronage...... I assure u, will not be lamented

So one less person travels then another then another and so on

> >By the way Jack the up
>
>  I assume u mean the down...... but who am i to pick at reasoned argument

So what

>  was Syd Dep 11.35 am

> No comment about it being on time leaving Sydney?  No pat on the back for
> havin the thing on time xsyd.... nah just brickbats for delays that aren't
> Countrylink's fault..  Yes that is NT25
>
> >Arrive Macksville 9.08pm .
>
> the train is late..... these things do happen....  jeez i think the odd
> plane has been known to run late too...... i could be mistaken......but i
> think in your earlier post u said it was effected by track work... so that
> would explain it...

> >this is not acceptable,
>
> to u maybe...... but to any reasonable person track maintainance is a
> necessary evil and unfortuneatly it delays trains

Yeh I  surpose you are right but a lot of track maintenace is programed so why
can't they alter the train timetables to suit.

> ..... fact of life...
> otherwise u have pple like Photios runnin round the place tellin pple there
> will be a major accident
>
> does anyone care?
>
> Ofcourse Countrylink care about on time running....   but a lot of the time
> the delays are out of their hands......  not all delays are mechanical
> failures of XPT's or explorers... there are many other reasons for the
> delays.... example... if for some reason a train may delayed at Hornsby by a
> passenger disturbance for 10 minutes or so... that 10 minutes may well be
> quadrupled by the time the train reaches grafton... once a Countrylink
> service loses it's path..... it is history.... other ontime services  ....
> including MT NRC trains all of a sudden have preference over  the XPT.... so
> more time is lost following and crossing these services.... that is RAC
> policy and is enforced by Network Control... these things are out of
> Countrylink's hands
>
> I doubt it.
>
> Your perogative
>
> >Mylo