Re: XPT Whinge,(cont)

L & D wrote in message <366E7495.7624104F@ozemail.com.au>...

>Jack wrote:
>
>> Mylorace wrote in message
<19981208080059.26358.00001501@ng-fc1.aol.com>...

(snippo)

people on the North Coast demand 3
>> services in  each direction 7 days a week and they get em.. people
between
>> Melbourne and Sydney get 2 in each direction 7 days a week...  all this
is
>> magically done with 7 trains.... and if u can't understand that u are
having
>> a whinge for the sake of having a whinge....
>
>Then magically find some more trains

Would be great if there was money for it... but the problem is Countrylink
does not service Homebush Bay

>> Government Authorities are
>> pretty easy targets.... right?
>>
>> The State Gvt; is not doing us any favours, if we don't
>> >complain long and loud we will never have a proper service.
>> >This service should , at leasr be as fast as Driving, 5hrs Max, why all
the
>> >slow running
>> >this train can do 160 kph, we all sit back and cop Dud service the track
>> will
>> >never be upgraded,
>>
>> Yes.... but how is that Countrylinks fault....... they are just a user
>
>Yeh then it is about time whoever owns what starts up grading it

 Yep agreed.....  RAC..... why whinge at one operator about it... why not
have a go at RAC who returns a dividend to the state government from access
charges while the track is still in dire need of repair..

>>  the workers will never show any sence of urgency, the old"
>> >She'l be right mate" attitude will keep us in the slow lane.
>>
>> U don't mind usin the old scatter gun approach to railworkers i see......
>>

>What somethings changed ?????

It depends on what part of the place u work..... not all pple who work for
Countrylink dont give a stuff and it is unreasonable to say that they do..

>> >I am a rail fan
>>
>> as one i think u should make more informed comments instead of foaming at
>> the mouth and bagging pple who are doin their best to do a job
>
>Some times

I would have thought that as a rail fan the comments would have been a
little more accurate is all.... had a bit of knowledge about em .... not
ignorant waffle

>>  but will do all my rail travel overseas until the service is
>> >of at least an acceptable standerd
>>
>> Your nonpatronage...... I assure u, will not be lamented
>>

>So one less person travels then another then another and so on

No it doesn't work that way..... Countrylink are forever hiring busses to
take the overflow particularly thru holiday time.... Bookings are always
solid

>> >By the way Jack the up
>>
>>  I assume u mean the down...... but who am i to pick at reasoned argument
>>

>So what

hang on a sec.... a bloke climbs into ya and i correct a pretty dumb mistake
and ya say so what.....  pity he doesn't show such patience when things on
wrong on a trip

was Syd Dep 11.35 am

>> No comment about it being on time leaving Sydney?  No pat on the back for
>> havin the thing on time xsyd.... nah just brickbats for delays that
aren't
>> Countrylink's fault..  Yes that is NT25
>>
>> >Arrive Macksville 9.08pm .
>>
>> the train is late..... these things do happen....  jeez i think the odd
>> plane has been known to run late too...... i could be mistaken......but i
>> think in your earlier post u said it was effected by track work... so
that
>> would explain it...
>
>> >this is not acceptable,
>>
>> to u maybe...... but to any reasonable person track maintainance is a
>> necessary evil and unfortuneatly it delays trains
>
>Yeh I  surpose you are right but a lot of track maintenace is programed so
why
>can't they alter the train timetables to suit.

they do..... u will find they issue STN's to cover that working... i think
on the weekend some of the XPT's were sposed to be up to about 40 minutes
later than tabled

>  Davo
Cheers

Cheers