Re: West Coast Odities

G'day,

I'm not at work today, I can get definite details tomorrow, but....

Gareth Davidson wrote:

> The're back to One B and a borrowed A again!
> This time it's B61 thats going instead of B76

B76 is at Ballarat for Exam.

> Did S300 die again.

Doubt it.  "Gheringhap Loop" sighted it on 9137 Wed 9/12, hence it was going
to Ballarat, I think for either routine lube check or exam.

> Craig said that S311 was O.K. Well some Bad news, I haven't seen it
> since the first round of troubles recently.

S311 was having some 'drop pit' work done (exchanging traction motors) at
Dynon over the last few days, that's why it hasn't been in traffic.

> Is B76 ok as I saw it exchanged with B61 a week or so ago in geelong??

Yes, B61 was coming from an exam, and B76 going to an exam.  They are
exchanged/dropped on/dropped off at Geelong, and are attached (powering) to
9137 Cowangie goods.  Usually they return to Geelong on 9138, and the
exchange takes place on train 8220, which is nearly always at Geelong up to
10 mins early, so swapping loco's causes no delay.

> What's happened to the S's, have they had some serious problems, been
> stolen(though would be hard), derailed, put on a siding that has since
> been disconected(i.e. stranded on dead track),what???

Nothing that dramatic!  S302 is still not ready, and other two have had work
done, hence have been out of traffic.

My guess at this stage is that S311 was not completed at Dynon in time to
replace S300.  Rather than have S300 run overdue for lube/exam, they've
replaced it with an A.

Cheers,
Craig.
--