Re: Bradfield's Electric City Railway

Bill Bolton wrote:

> And you are thinking off the planet if you are thinking there weren't
> any limits on public expenditure in the first half of this century.
>

> You may perhaps like to look at the NSW Parliamentary Hansards for
> that period and see the bitter debates that occurred between city and
> rural interests over expenditure on any significant transport
> infrastructure for Sydney.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Bill

Yes I know,

Debate was fierce and that was good, it needed to be done.
My point is that if those fools incharge followed the "grand scheme of things"
instead of trying to build monuments to themselves or playing political chess
with the railways would be a lot better off. Just a small list of things:

Commisioner Shirley, this clown is the guy responsible for blue and white
trains busses and ferries and his time table you know the one, let the slow
train depart before the fast one so the fast one can't overtake but the best
part of this one is no turn around time at terminating stations.

What about the Maldon to Dombarton line, talking about a waste of time and
money. Another political stuffup.

Mr Brian Langtons time table (1996) This is one minister that should off  kept
well away. He wanted trains going every where. The guys in timetables said it
can't be done, he said do it, they did it and we all know the answer.

All governments have special stoping patterns to woo voters and a good example
of this is Granville.

rgds