Re: Steepest train/tram line

markbau1@aol.comQQQQyuk (MarkBau1) wrote in aus.rail:

>Krel, I was just having a bit of fun, actually I agree with you entirely. I'm
>reminded of Jim Selleto's famous reply during an investigation into why he
>burnt the blocks down to the shoes on a C class. Jim came down without using
>the dynamic, at the investigation he was asked why he didn't use the dynamic to
>which he replied "A2's didn't have dynamics"

Typical Jim Seletto-type statement. He was a real railfan, even his
Mini-Moke of long ago had red buffer beams. Scored a cab-ride on a
Fitzroy goods with him years ago. Where is he now? G-T-G?

BTW, I think the steepest grade must go to the old Ararat coal stage.
The coal wagons rose vertically. Let me see now, that's 1:0 or 100%
isn't it?

>What did make Ingliston a little different to the much steeper grades in NSW
>was the crazy speed limits allowed down the hill.

That's the "poop in your pants" bit isn't it Mark?

Les Brown