Re: Station announcements, Sydney

In article <74fsvd$3bn$1@toto.tig.com.au>,
  "Hubert Lam" <hubert@softhome.net> wrote:
> Seriously, the cartridge system might have even been better to use than the
DVA
> PCs! Even they're prerecorded and can't be changed, you can make an
announcement
> yourself through the microphone.

Exactly what SHOULD be avoided!  Last weekends trackwork was a prime example
of how lazy station staff can be when it comes to using DVA.  The guy on
platform 5/6 Strathfield had the strongest accent I have heard in a few
years.	We had no idea what he was saying.  You know it's bad when he cant
pronounce Central :)

> With DVA, it gives people the impression that these announcements are
> automatic and why the hell are the 'automatic' announcements incorrect!

True.  So many people think these are automatic and bag the DVA system.  Just
look at the recent posts to this newsgroup.

--
Paul McCabe