Re: Station announcements, Sydney

Seriously, the cartridge system might have even been better to use than the DVA
PCs! Even they're prerecorded and can't be changed, you can make an announcement
yourself through the microphone.
With DVA, it gives people the impression that these announcements are automatic
and why the hell are the 'automatic' announcements incorrect!

boofheadpaul@yahoo.com.au wrote in message <74fnfo$n4d$1@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...
In article <74f2o3$jco$1@metro.ucc.usyd.edu.au>,
  matthew@mail.usyd.edu.au (Matthew Geier) wrote:

>  What they should do is hook the DVA up to the same system as the indicators,
> which in the city stations would mean almost totaly automatic control.

This has gotta be a union thing though, correct?  Otherwise I reckon CityRail
would have gone with an auto system.

--
Paul McCabe