Re: Reopen V/line branches

>>Whittlesea
>Logical eventual extension of Mill Park tram/light rail or Epping
>line.  Seems as though most of the original rail reserve is still
>unbuilt.  Craig? your neck of the woods?

The alignment and rail reserve is all there. The only difficult spots I can
see from the top of my head are:
Mill Park - some new roads cut through the embankment near the Council
offices. If the embankment were removed, shouldn't be an issue. Cooper
Street even has a kink near the Council offices to 'cross' the rail
alignment!

Level crossings on Plenty Road.

On the plus side:

Mernda platform is still there after all these years. Many of the
embankments and reservation still exist and can be seen from Plenty Road and
in Mill Park. In theory, you could walk it if you don't mind long grass and
jumping gates!