Re: Extend the Alamein line? (was Trams to Knox City??)

David McLoughlin (davemcl@REMOVEiprolink.co.nz) wrote:
> I was looking at my roadmap of Melbourne the other day to see just how
> much of the Outer Circle reservation still existed. Most of it seems to
> be there. Rebuilding an electrifying it (perhaps even as light rail)

Light rail has been suggested before, but to be viable it means closing
and converting the Alamein line. This would be political suicide,
particularly as it's in Jeff's own electorate.

At the very least it should be extended to the Glen Waverley line and
trains could run Glen Waverley via Camberwell. The alternative would be
to have the junction facing the city and run it like the Bankstown loop.
Or go the whole hog and have a triangular junction!

Cheers
David