Extend the Alamein line? (was Trams to Knox City??)

thalytgv@my-dejanews.com wrote in message
<74ckr6$9lh$1@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...
>What about extend Alanmein line to Knox City? Alanmein line always have
>trouble of lacking passenger number I believe extend it (no doubt cost a
bit)
>might secure its existence.

More importantly, connect the Alamein line to the Glen Waverley and
Dandenong lines again, reservation still exists.

A re-established Waverley Road station would generate lots of traffic by
servicing the nearby Chadstone shopping centre (not to mention chaos on
Dandenong Road if the level crossing was rebuilt!).

Sydney connects up its suburban lines to allow commuters a number of
transport options, why can't Melbourne?

Cheers

John Wayman