Re: Extend the Alamein line? (was Trams to Knox City??)

John Wayman wrote:

> More importantly, connect the Alamein line to the Glen Waverley and
> Dandenong lines again, reservation still exists.

I was looking at my roadmap of Melbourne the other day to see just how
much of the Outer Circle reservation still existed. Most of it seems to
be there. Rebuilding an electrifying it (perhaps even as light rail)
would provide a handy service, though I fear the burghers of Kew and
Balwyn would object to trains racing past their kitchens.

David McLoughlin
Auckland New Zealand

I remember the Ice Age. It was what they claimed was happening to the
weather before they invented Global Warming.