Re: Countrylink food(?!) and XPTs; was: Countrylink

On Sunday night I wrote to the following link on the Countrylink web page as
I was agast that they describe thier snacks on XPT's and Xploders as
"scrumptious" and got the following reply 1st thing Monday morning.

From: customers@countrylink.nsw.gov.au
Subject: XPT & Xplorer Food

David wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On the Country Link web page the buffet server is described as having
> "scrumptious snacks". This is false and misleading. The food is far from
> that and on the NT-2 service last Friday, there was an announcement that
> "we regret to inform passengers that there will be no hot evening meals
> available from the buffet tonight!!" No reason was given.
>
> We used the Xploder to go to Canberra on the first day of Floriart this
> year. We picked the train up at Campbelltown and there was no more hot
> food left. Why? The quality of food served to passengers is a joke and
> the web page should reflect that with something like, "only basic
> processed snacks are provided"

I was sorry to learn that you were disappointed in the buffet meals and
regret you had cause for complaint. Countrylink endeavours to provide good
quality and nutritional meals that are good value for money.

I have noted the catering problems you encountered and I have referred your
complaint to the manager responsible for on board catering.