Countrylink

Hi,

The XPT that made it to Murwillumbah last night [Friday] had some
unusual staff in the guard's cabin. They [yes several] had heavy rank
stripes on their shoulder pads,  of an older age group,  and clip
boards. I also did not see them help the usual crew lift the heavy
suitcases! Perhaps they did help inside the carriage and I might be
rash judging them!

The first thought I had was some sort of check team. I hope the number
of staff is not to be reduced! If so, perhaps the cost of sending this
"check team" should be counted as well. I mean, is it costing money to
see if they can save money by cutting some worker's paypacket? I hope
I am wrong!

Cheers
Peter Cokley