Re: Countrylink

Your guess is spot on...... the crews will be reduced by 1 north of
Grafton..... also the Passenger Attendant will be taken off all Canberra
services.... leaving a PSS  and an SPA  to man the 3 cars..... also talk of
1 coming off between Albury and Melbourne... it's called rationalisation
(yeah right!).... out of interest CountryLink have hired 20 casual passenger
attendants.... on 6 month contracts ...the first 8 are out and about running
around now... they are unable to do any safeworking and will work in the
buffet and do the luggage....  the reason they have been hired is that most
services on most days have been leaving Sydney short staffed.... Management
has allowed the OBS staff levels to dwindle to such a point that there are
not enuff pple left to do the work.. mangement's reasoning is that they want
to reduce the number of PA's on the trains and they will have enuff pple
left to run the reduced manning levels... without having to pay redundancies

Cheers
Jack