Countrylink food(?!) and XPTs; was: Countrylink

      Can anyone tell me why, or explain a decent reason for
Countrylink's so-called "food" being so absolutely terrible, year after
year, after so many repeated complaints from almost everyone?
I've ridden all types of trains all over the world (except for
India....which is a place that I will never go to), and almost without
fail, the worst food to be found on trains serving food is
Countrylink's,
Before making an XPT journey I always make it a point now to make and
pack my own sandwiches and snacks for train consumption.
And speaking of XPTs;  How long can Countrylink expect repeat riders to
keep putting up with them?   They are fine for short trips of 4 hours or
less (as they were designed for in the U.K.), but 11 hours
Sydney/Melbourne, and the even worse 14 hours
Sydney/Brisbane/Murwillumbah is almost an impossible trip to put up
with.
Thanks for listening.....and, Countrylink, if you are reading this,
please do something!