Re: Perth-McIver: Shortest distance between stations

Hi David & all,

Perth - McIver ? There might be an even closer pair of stations in the
metro area. But I wonder if they qualify, seeing as one was permanently
removed a year (or two) ago, and was only a 'Special Event' station towards
the end of it's days. The stations ?

The current Loch Street, and the former Loch Street station which was
called (name changed in Sept 1955)  'Showgrounds'. A signal cabin was
brought into use at the latter location on 29th Oct. 1906, back then, it
was called 6 1/2 Mile Block Box.

Sorry, but I don't have any records (yet) of the opening date or distance
for the current Loch Street stopping place - but it ain't far...!!

Regards,
Chris. F.

David & Jan Winter <winterd@icenet.com.au> wrote in article
<3668eb1e.0@news.highway1.com.au>...