Re: V/line sleeper carriages

G'day,

thalytgv@my-dejanews.com wrote:

> I would like to know more about V/line's sleepers carriages that used to
> operate on "Vinelander" train, they somehow look resembles "Overland"
> carriages.

Originally they were JTA and JRA 'Overland' cars.  The Victorian Railways
purchased the cars outright and painted them blue (later orange in V/Line
days) for use on the Vinelander, they were classified SJ (S for sleeper, I'd
reckon J for 'Joint Stock').

> How many were built and where are they now?

4 - two roomettes and two twinettes.  I think they are stored at Newport
Workshops.

Regards,
Craig.
--