Re: Perth-McIver: Shortest distance between stations

Hi again,

I just checked it out by driving (on the road, not railway) between the two
stations:

The distance between the centres of the platforms of the existing Loch
Street station and the previous Loch Street (Showgrounds) was an astounding
- mere 300 metres..!!

Regards,
Chris. F.

Chris French <cfrench@starwon.com> wrote in article
<01be204f$fe0e2e40$19f30fcb@merlin-2>...
> Hi David & all,
>
> Perth - McIver ? There might be an even closer pair of stations in the
> metro area. But I wonder if they qualify, seeing as one was permanently
> removed a year (or two) ago, and was only a 'Special Event' station
towards
> the end of it's days. The stations ?
>
> The current Loch Street, and the former Loch Street station which was
> called (name changed in Sept 1955)  'Showgrounds'. A signal cabin was
> brought into use at the latter location on 29th Oct. 1906, back then, it
> was called 6 1/2 Mile Block Box.
>
> Sorry, but I don't have any records (yet) of the opening date or distance
> for the current Loch Street stopping place - but it ain't far...!!
>
> Regards,
> Chris. F.
>
> David & Jan Winter <winterd@icenet.com.au> wrote in article
> <3668eb1e.0@news.highway1.com.au>...
> > McIver is shown as 1.9km on the UBD. This doesn't seem right to me.
Maybe