Re: Mont Park Railway

G'day,

thalytgv@hotmail.com wrote:

I don't have much history of it, but the line is not far from my place (and no
I'm not an inmate of Mont Park, which for the unitiated, is a psyciatric
hospital)

> Anybody can povided me any information about this line's history and whenever
> any passennger train ever operate on it before? The suburban railway map did
> not showed this line.

It's quite traceable, behind Macleod station there's a walkway linking McNamara
St with the station - if you look between the walkway and plat 3 there's an
overhead staunchion in place.  The countour runs through the workshop building,
crossing Wungan Street just on the Watsonia side of the Cherry St roundabout.
>From here it's breifly in embankment, then cutting, then a long, low embankment
in the grounds of Mont Park itself.

I'm please to see it's to become a bike track - the land around it has been in
dispute for many, many years - it's basically untouched bush, of course various
authorities have wanted to sell it off for housing.

Cheers,
CH.
--
Craig Haber