Re: SLR

In the message about  SLR, from QUOKKA@ZIPPER.ZIP.COM.AU to ALL!, QUOKKA@ZIPPER.ZIP.COM.AU said:"

QQ> On Thu, 18 Sep 1997, Ashley Wright wrote:

QQ> Just skewing this point slightly, I found myself confronted with a ticket
QQ> machine at North Wollongong station a few weeks ago which had decided to
QQ> go into Exact Fare Only mode.  Like several others, I only had notes and
QQ> there are no shops anywhere nearby where we could have got change.  In the
QQ> end I purchased a ticket while changing trains at Thirroul.  The question
QQ> is does this situation count as no ticket selling facilities being
QQ> available?

CityRail have stated as their interpretation of the Act/Regulations that:

It is each passenger's responsibility to avail themselves of the correct
change in order to purchase a ticket.  TVM's issue change as an additional
service to customers but where change is not avilable passengers must avail
themselves of such coins as to operate the machine.

CityRail have stated that an Exact Fare Only display on a TVM is no excuse
for travelling without a ticket.  The machine is still able to sell
tickets therefore ticket selling facilities are available.

In otherwords, don't use that as an excuse to get out of a $100 fine if you
are caught.

Regards,

Albert.

 * RM 1.31  * Albert! alberta@zip.com.au http://www.zip.com.au/~alberta/