Re: Maps

In article <01bcbffe$afd4f9a0$0100007f@pentium>, "John Wayman"
<wayman@c031.aone.net.au>wroted:

>The Tramway Hotel in St. Georges Rd North Fitzroy was named after this
>tramway so I am told, long before the cable and electric tramways were
>built.
>
>It must have been horse powered I imagine, being constructed in the early
>1850's. Water from Yan Yean reached Melbourne in lead pipes on 31 December
>1857.

Pardon for upsetting the applecart, but the Tramway Hotel in North Fitzroy is
a long way from the Yan Yean pipeline, which turns left at the end of the
reservation and follows the Merri Creek towards the Yarra. How far it goes, I
do not know.
My tip is that the Hotel was so named because of the cable tramway, which
ended nearby.