Re: Maps

In article <paul-0809971543080001@itsnot.its.unimelb.edu.au>,
   paul@itsnot.its.unimelb.edu.au (Paul Edwards) wrote:

>I was out riding my bike along the Epping line on Saturday, when I came
>across what appeared to be a reservation just north of Regent railway
>station, running in a south west direction from the existing line. Was
>this an old goods route, or a branch line of some sort? A quick (and, I
>suspect, highly inaccurate ;-) check on the Melway did not show any
>reservation, however by my estimation if the reserve continued for any
>distance, the railway would have ended up in Coburg cemetery.
>
>Cheers,
>Paul
>
>From your description, what you have described would be the Yan Tean Pipe
Track which continues SSW to join St Georges Road. As the name suggests, this
contains the pipes from Yan yean Reservoir from the reservoirs near Reservoir
(hence the name) towards Melbourne. Where the pipes go when they get to the
Merri Creek I do not know.
There is a second pipe reserve running west from the aforementioned reservoirs
towards Coburg, but I have no information as to where they go.

    Cheers,

    John McCallum
    e-mail address:  mccallum@melbpc.org.au
    Phone 03 9478 4254.         Member, Melbourne PC User Group.

And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.
(Genesis 3,25)