Re: Status of Garratts

The complete list:

NSW:
6029: Canberra.  Being restored, currently partially dismantled.
6039: Dorrigo Steam Railway & Museum.  Stored in blackoil
6040: Rail Transport Museum, Thirlmere.  Statically restored. Painted in
1991.
6042: Stored in blackoil at the Lachlan Vintage Village, Forbes.  Owned by
Dorrigo Museum.
A spare boiler is also available at Dorrigo, having been retrieved from
sawmill use.  It is still on the (shortened) main locomotive frame.  I
don't know what engine it came from.
I think there is a spare 60-class Garratt boiler in Canberra

SA:
402:  Port Dock Museum, Adelaide
409:  Zig Zag Railway, Lithgow, SA.  Stored.  Carries boiler 405.

Qld:
1009: Operational on the main line.

Victoria:
G33.  The only Australian Standard Garratt left.  Static at ARHS museum,
Williamstown, Melbourne.
G42   Being restored at Puffing Billy Railway
2(?)   On display at the Buffing Billy Museum at Menzies Creek.  Ex
Fyansford Cement.  Actually a copy of the WAGR Msa class Garratt, which is
extinct.  Also the boiler of sister loco no.1

Tasmainian:
K1 Welsh Highland Railway - being restored to working order
(The Don River Railway also have the front water tank from an ASG, mounted
on a flat car... apparently part of a weed kill / fire fighting tender.)

WA:
none.

<5ult1h$6i$1@pinah.connect.com.au>...