Re: Australian Railcars/Electrics

I thought that too. They have a light and this is a like a cube with
three different colour filiters and you turn around this and makes a
different colour light.  They names of the colours are writen on the
handle as the ones I said but they look more like White(yellow ish) -
Red - Blue - Orange.

I belive they were used for an indication of which line they were going
on like the system of three white lights we had in Melbourne and before
that the disks with different Black or Red, Lines or Crosses.  I don't
know if they ever used it.  On the superchocks the had route numbers on
them for the people and as the indercation of which line to go on.  I
don't know what the comeng Railcars have.

The best thing about their comengs trains is they only hav a little
drivers cab in the corner which gives room of seats up the front looking
out the front.  They also have TV's in the cabs of their trains and a
small camera on the side of the train.  The TV comes on when the train
has stopped and goes off about 20 seconds after the train statrs to
move.  That system is much better than our (Melbourne) system of having
TV's on the station.  In Melbourne they were going to have the cameras
on the station and the TV on the train and at the station transmit the
pictures to the train.

--
		  Chris Gordon
	   E-mail - "cmgord@ecr.mu.oz.au"