Re: AC16 to be restored

On 12 Sep 1997 10:21:20 GMT, nldoncas@cobweb.com.au (Nic Doncaster)
wrote:

>pcc@ocean.com.au (Leslie Brown) writes:
>>
>rwilke@can.i.have.the.spam.ham.bacon.egg.sausage.and.spam.without.the.spam..spam
>..or..spam..au
>> (Roy Wilke) wrote in aus.rail:
>>
>> >On Thu, 11 Sep 1997 08:58:38 GMT, gwatkins@globec.com.au (Graham
>> >Watkins) wrote:
>>
>> >, is the only way an exhibit should be preserved. If it ain't moving, it's
>rusting.

(interesting dissertation on the economics and practicality of
preserving machinery in operating condition snipped for brevity)

>The new problem for both static and operating societies is the RSA shit.

>Its a hard ? to make a clear point on.But worthy to think about.

>Feel free to flame me.

>Nic

No flames here. My original question came from half-remembering a
press report that the new super-luxury train in Queensland will be
steam-hauled and will consist of new "Robber-Baron" class coaches
cunningly designed to look like early 20th-Century vintage wooden
coaches.

If these trains are to be steam-hauled, then they'll need steam
locomotives: and about the only place where steam locos are readily
available in Queensland happens to be the Redbank Museum.

It just seems to be *too* much of a coincidence for me. :))

Roy