Re: Maps

Craig Haber <albatross@harnessnet.com.au> wrote:

: David A. wrote:
: > 5) Mont Park Asylum branch, which presumably came off somewhere near
: > Macleod.

: This line can be readily traced.  I've never seen any photo's of it, but
: you can quite easily walk most of the route.  It appears that the line
: branched from the up end of Macleod Station (on the alignment of what is
: now the platform 3 siding road) - it you look on the walkway behind
: platform 3, you see an overhead staunchion suggesting:
: a) the line curved away from the station and perhaps did not have a
: platform
: b) the line was at a considerable higher level than the existing
: platform 3 road.

<snip>

: Cheers,
: Craig.

IIRC, this line is actually on the first or second edition of the Melways
(circa late 60's). Try the State Library for a copy.

John
--
John Cleverdon: Amateur astronomer (Astronomical Society of Frankston) *
Final Yr Cartography   \  & Railway enthusiast  \==|---=====--===-|  *   o