Re: Thoughts from some photographers....

Would anyone like to add any comments for users of slide film? I've used
Kodachrome for years, after starting with Agfa (which I've never
returned to, as it was grainy and now many are fading.)

Perhaps someone could contribute their thoughts/experiences on some of
the other brands e.g. Fuji.

One thing that Kodachrome has going for it is that its archival
qualities are excellent - I believe a minimum life of 50 years is
claimed. Certainly my earliest slides (about 25 years old now) haven't
shown any ill effects. This is apparently because the colour dyes are
far more stable, and are added at the processing stage (unlike all other
slide films where the dyes are already in the emulsion). The processing
is quite complex - this is why only Kodak processes it.