ALCO BASHING

David Johnson <trainman@ozemail.com.au> wrote in article
<3405B229.862@ozemail.com.au>...

> I'd say that if the 81s are withdrawn any earlier, it will be due to
> over-abundance of locos, not due to a problem with the locos themselves.
>
> --
> David Johnson - Rail Services Authority
> trainman@ozemail.com.au
> trainman@railpage.org.au
> http://www.ozemail.com.au/~trainman

There should be no reason why the 81s should not make it physically to
there 30th year (with proper care). As the EMD 645E3 seems a reasonably
reliable engine, one example of this is ANs CL class lasting over 20 years
before rebuild and a second is the later 3rd series VR T class (No.
399-417) were first introduced in 1967 (making them 30 this year) which was