Re: Power wastage at Waterfall?

kingpin@zip.net.au (Derek Woodlands) writes:

>On Sat, 30 Aug 1997 22:16:07 +1000, Quokka <quokka@zipper.zip.com.au>
>wrote:

>> I drive past Waterfall station every Sunday night and I am always
>> surprised to notice that the lights of every carriage visible in the
>> sidings are all on!
>>
>Anti vandalism attempt.

 I belive thats the offical line as well. They think that leaving the
lights one will discourage the vandals as all that light makes them
easy to spot from a distance..

 Also means the train drivers taking those trains out on Monday morning
get an extra 10 minutes in the warm crib room, instead of being out preping
their train - they dont run the risk of finding all the air reserves bled
off, thus having to manually raise one pan to get things going.

--
Matthew Geier,                 | Australian Public Access Network Association
matthew@sleeper.apana.org.au   | +61 2 9587 9773