Re: 8244 not a write off

Bob wrote in message <34A3A416.39FD8A80@fastlink.com.au>...
>If you want to know whats going on in the rest of the country buy
>DIGEST. The only thing that bugs me about that is that Digest is
>produced by the NSW branch of the ARHS. I notice that other state
>branches dont go for all the interstate news. Readers are starting to
>leave Digest on the shelf. I know I do these days.
>                                             Bob

I would venture to say from my limited sampling of other state mags that
they frequently don't go in for news at all for much of the time. There is a
need for a national magazine. Ultimately the broad gauge will either be
converted or close so that Qld & WA will be the only states with separate
rail systems. NSW is, for better or worse, the centre of much of Australia's
industry so it seems most appropriate for the NSW Digest to expand to take
in the whole standard gauge system.

Barry Campbell