Re: 8244 not a write off

Albert Alcoceba wrote:

> In the message about  8244 not a write off*****, from
> DAPROC@BIGFOOT.COM to ALL!, DAPROC@BIGFOOT.COM said:"
>
> DD> Someone in Derek's JOB (and he is being paid to do it!) has
> contacts all
> DD> over the place in State Rail and FreightCorp - he should check
> with them.
>
> It's not as easy as that.  There are many cases of locomotives still
> being
> officially on the books but for all intents and purposes "written
> off".  It
> seems that there has never existed a real black and white source of
> information as to the real status of a locomotive.
>
> Regards,
>
> Albert.
>
>  * RM 1.31  * Albert! alberta@zip.com.au
> http://www.zip.com.au/~alberta/

   I cant see what the fuss is all about. It is so easy to find out the
status of a Readypower loco. Simple, As A Phone Call To Readypower. Then
as to the rest of the fleet the SRA use a computer system called LMIS
which has all the deatils of every loco right down to things like a
blocked shitter or an engine repair. Im sure that other publications
access this info through friendly sources so why not digest. It seems to
me that if you want to know whats going on in NSW just buy RAILWAY NEWS.
If you want to know whats going on in the rest of the country buy
DIGEST. The only thing that bugs me about that is that Digest is
produced by the NSW branch of the ARHS. I notice that other state
branches dont go for all the interstate news. Readers are starting to
leave Digest on the shelf. I know I do these days.
                                             Bob