Re: Olympic Loop

Albert Alcoceba wrote:

> In the message about  Olympic Loop, from BOB@FASTLINK.COM.AU to ALL!,
> BOB@FASTLINK.COM.AU said:"
>
> BB> No one has told me the answer to my question: "Who looks after the
> exit
> BB> side of the train when the train departs if, for example a person
> BB> forgets their belongings and tries to force their way on to the
> train
> BB> from the "exit" side and gets caught and dragged/killed while you
> watch
> BB> the train out of the platform on the other side?"
>
> I would assume that the guard will look out on the exit side first...
> and
> if all is clear then close the doors on that side.  Then walk over to
> the
> entry side... and when all is clear on that side close the doors on
> the
> entry side.  Sounds logical to me - but then again I'm not a city-rail
>
> guard.
>
> Regards,
>
> Albert.
>
>  * RM 1.31  * Albert! alberta@zip.com.au
> http://www.zip.com.au/~alberta/

Sounds good in theory but who is responsibe for the chuckle head that
tries to open the doors on the opposite side to the guard, gets stuck
half in and half out as the train mooves off and gets killed. I know our
guards are good but they arn't that good. After all they only have two
eyes and one head! Might it be too sensible to have closed circuit
cameras on both sides to assist the guard. Then again if we have this do
we need a guard? Here we go again, the old one about having a guard/
roving conductor/ ticket examiner. Too hard! After all our railway IS
still 20 years behind the rest of the civilised world.
                                                                Bob