Re: Olympic Loop

David Johnson wrote:

> Is it true that this line is out of gauge for wide electric
> rollingstock?
>
> --
> David Johnson
> CityRail Guard
> trainman@ozemail.com.au
> http://www.ozemail.com.au/~trainman/

   Yeah,
It's pretty narrow.
I "learn't the road" there today.
It has a few steep grades. It looks as if each train must have all
motors cut in. They tried cutting one car out and the train couldn't
climb out off a standing start. (K set)

Now I know all the "Wrong running" ways of getting arround Olimpic Park
but not the way we are going to use for "normal" running during shows
etc.

The Olimpic Park line is the greatest over signalled / engineered line
since the National Park.

At the moment all shunting signals leave the trips up - so much for
saving time!

No one has told me the answer to my question: "Who looks after the exit
side of the train when the train departs if, for example a person
forgets their belongings and tries to force their way on to the train
from the "exit" side and gets caught and dragged/killed while you watch
the train out of the platform on the other side?"

You can't half tell a bloody engineer desined this little gem of a
production.
As the signalman said today "God help us if this is what we have to work
with"
They should of asked the people who are/were on the job for designs, not
engineers who don't know "the beast" but hey - thats life.

All that a side its not bad.

Bob