Re: V/Line train delays and compensation

In the message about  V/Line train delays and c, from REUBEN@WERPLE.NET.NOSPAM. to ALL!, REUBEN@WERPLE.NET.NOSPAM. said:"

RR> My question is, what action can be taken in a situation like this?  Am I
RR> legally entitled to compensation?  I lost half a day's pay, my employer lost
RR> my time (I had no warning it was coming), and I still had to pay the normal
RR> price.  I don't think that was fair.  I basically didn't get what I paid
RR> for.

RR> Has anybody looked into this issue before?

I don't know what the transport by-laws are like in Victoria.  But in New
South Wales part of the "contract" you make when purchasing a ticket is
that the train will run to the times in the timetable as far as situations
allow but no one associated with the running of trains is liable in any for any
delay or loss arising from it as a consequence of late running or non
running of a train.  So that basically in NSW you can't.

You may have had a better chance had you not elected to travel on the train
even though it was late.  Read your copy of the train timetable carefully
for any disclaimers on timely running.

RD

Regards,

Albert.