Main North problems near Scone

The trackbed of the Main North has sunk up to 60cm in places about 1km
south of Scone. For railway historians, the actual site is near the old St
Aubins siding.

Track gangs with heavy machinery have been working there around the clock.
Track machines are at Scone station during the day and only seem to come
out at night. There is a 15km/h limit for all trains over the affected
section.

Some ballast has beem delivered by road, but I think a ballast train
arrived the site at about 23.30 on Saturday (20/12). The track machines
were definately out at the time and from the distance I was at (I was at a
party nearby) it looked like the lights of a single box-style locomotive
(I assume an 81) moving up and down very slowly.

Cheers
David