Re: Trains to Newcastle.

David Johnson wrote:

> David Bromage wrote:
>
> > I've seen a copy of the STN. There is a specific note alone the
> lines of
> > (quoting from memory) "Under no circumstances is the special train
> to be
> > delayed out of course."
>
> HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA  --  And you believed that?!?!?!

The beginning of a grand tradition that has seen tours mucked around and
delayed endlessly ever since.
Like the time the passengers of a 3801 trip stood on Rangleigh staion
for a couple of hours in the rain, while their train stood in Mt Murray
Loop waiting to get a window, so it could move up, collect them and move
onto Robertson Loop.
The STN muttered something about "working clear of the Special Train",
but... oh well......
Dennis