Re: Adelaide Advertiser article

Terry Burton <telljb@ozemail.com.au> wrote in article

> Not quite as bad as one of our local papers who some
> time ago used an Amtrak EMD for a photo caption on the
> Alice to Darwin line.  It was probably good ol Yank
> clip art that came bundled with their Mac'n'trash.

We are accustomed to this sort of thing from the media - but what about the
operators themselves?  I have a copy of the Queensland Railways TravelTrain
Operations Working Timetable 27th October 1997 -the nice graphic on the
front cover is I suspect the exact same Amtrak clipart you mention.  :-{

Then there is the long-perpetuated one of McCafferty's buslines (I refuse
to call them coaches) interstate timetable which has a cute little picture
illustrating each capital city on its map page - opera house in Sydney,
tram in Melbourne etc, but the Melbourne tram is an Adelaide H class (to
borrow an advertising catch-phrase - I'd like to see that!)