Re: Adelaide Advertiser article

jdennis@acslink.net.au (John Dennis) wrote:
>The Adelaide Advertiser of Tue 9 December had an article on suburban
>trains and trams, essentially discussing why people these days are
>much happier to drive their own car than travel by public transport.
>It was illustrated by a photo captioned "When Steam Was King: An
>Adelaide suburban train in the era before diesel locomotives".
>The photo: K190 and an Rx on a fan trip :-)
>I am sure that those locals who remember steam suburbans would scratch
>their heads and say "I don't ever remember seeing a loco like THAT".

>Cheers...JD

Not quite as bad as one of our local papers who some
time ago used an Amtrak EMD for a photo caption on the
Alice to Darwin line.  It was probably good ol Yank
clip art that came bundled with their Mac'n'trash.

But even better than that was the ABC Darwin office who
some years ago during a news article on the Alice to
Darwin line showed video of the Narrow Gauge with an NJ
shunting the old Alice yards more than a dozen years
after it was bulldozed for the Standard Gauge.!
I thought it was great, nearly wrote to them asking for
more. ;-)

----Tell
Alice Springs NT