Re: CityRail Problems 5/12

Peter Neve wrote:

> It wasn't a Tangara set.

I spoke to the driver of the first affected train this evening.  He says he was definately
driving a tangara.

> There WAS an eight car Tangara stopped on
> the up track partly on como bridge with its pantos down, but no
> obvious damage.

That was the third train.  It was warned and halted before the start of the damage.

>  On arrival at Mortdale, there as wan 8-car S set in
> the up plastform, with the back panto tied down.

That was the second train.  It caused a lot of the damage to the overhead.

The first train was an eight car tangara, which, on approaching the Como bridge, the driver
noticed a large bang from the roof.  No warnings appeared on the computer, so he kept going.
Upon arrival, he noticed that the second pantograph was damged, so he lowered and isolated
it, and kept going.  He told the signal box to warn the second train, but obviously this
never happened.

--
David Johnson
CityRail Guard