Servers

Sorry to be a technical newbie, but here goes.

I am currently with two ISP's - waiting for FirstLink to run out, and using
syd.net for everything. I noticed that not much was coming through on the
aus.rail newsgroup with sydnet, and I thought that nobody was posting
anything.

I then couldn't get on to sydnet, as the lines were tied up, so I connected
via FirstLink to access IRC. While I was there, I checked news - same
newsgroup, different server. All of the syd.net messages are on FirstLinks,
but there are a swag of others that are only on FirstLink - some dating
from 4-5 days ago.

Is this normal? If so, does it apply to all ISP's? If it does, which ISP
provides the best News service? If it is not supposed to be like this, what
can be done about it?

Can anybody who knows the answer to the above little mysteries please email
me?

Thnx in advance

David Proctor
daproc@bigfoot.com

Thought for the day: If at first you don't succeed, destroy any evidence
that you even tried!