Re: [Sydney] Ticketing - was Light Rail into the CBD?

> Bill,
> Seeing's as you come from Sydney, and may not have much of an idea of
> Victorian geography, Ballarat is about 130km west of Melbourne CBD.  It
took
> me over an hour to drive there from my place in Melbourne, and that was on
the
> favourable side of things (Coburg).  Before that, I lived in St Kilda,
which
> took about 15 minutes, on a good day, to get into the city (car, tram or
> train, they were all about the same).

People in NSW, Sydney quite commonly commute long distance to work, I stayed
in Wollongong and Broadmeadow several times last year and noticed people
there got up very early and jump on early intercity services to Sydney for
work.
Even in Qld I saw many commuters live in Landsborough/Nambour and commute to
work by train.

As in Victoria,been a smaller state at most you get is Geelong/Bacchus Marsh
commuters.

Cheers
James