Re: City Circle 'W' s back in service.

dbowen@custard.REMOVE.net.au (Daniel Bowen) wrote in
<8LKQ6.87676$ff.660967@news-server.bigpond.net.au>:

>"Vaughan Williams" <ender2000@MailAndNews.com> wrote in message
>> 3B147D2B@MailAndNews.com">news:3B147D2B@MailAndNews.com...
>> The minister's people swore blind to me at the launch that they were
>> doing the
>> lot - all the route trams as well as the cc. For what thats worth...
>> personally I'll believe it when I see it.
>
>Hey, just curious, did you ask them how the $4 million for "fixing" the
>fleet compared to the cost of employing the staff who used to manually
>adjust the brakes (before the ill-fated slack adjusters)?

For the record, W's have to my knowledge always had slack adjusters. It's
Jeff who Jeffed them and fitted automatic slack adjusters to save on the
labour costs of ONE PERSON (sorry, Coyle influence here but I needed to
emphasise that).

As far as I know, the automatic slack adjusters are still exactly the same
as they were, and the electro-magnetic track brake is there as a backup.

--
To email me, just remove ".spam" or else your reply gets directed to the
bit bucket.

Never engage in an intellectual argument with an idiot.
They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience --
(Unknown)