Re: [NSW] Bondi Beach Line Scrapped

Kerry wrote:

> "H
> >
> With this in mind, I  believe that the <Bondi> line will eventually be built, maybe
> not now but in 5, or 10 years time. Any thoughts on extending the line to
> Bondi, just short of the beach or would the NIMBYS stop that too.

Despite the paper talk about the NIMBYS the ordinary people of Bondi
where the majority who were against the half baked proposal that has
been canned.

Remember the scheme involved:

DOUBLEING the current bus fare from Bondi to Bondi Junction and the
current bus/rail combination to the city.

Did not serve the majority of public transport users in the Bondi area
as they are not within 500 metres of the proposed Bondi station though a
lot of the Bondi surf is and it doesn't buy many public transport
tickets!

a single line to Bondi beach, who wants another Richmond fiasco

The whole exercise was a get rich scheme for the promoters not sensible
public transport.

Chris