Re: [melb] Announcement heard at Box Hill

After some trial period, new version of PRIDE (Passenger Real Time
Information Dissemination Equipment) is getting installed at various
Melbourne metropolitan control locations.  PRIDE 2 manages public
information display screens (PIDS), green button train schedule
information and automated public announcements.  This project is managed
by M>Trains (Bayside Trains), which also cover the same software used by
Connex Trains.  Upgrade is currently taking place in Clifton Hill
Group.  Like other things, bugs will be fixed in due course and
obviously what Jeremy has mentioned below are just some of them.

One way to tell whether your station has received PRIDE 2 is by the
automated PA for the next train.  If at the end of that PA has a
reminder message about validating your Metcards, then PRIDE 2 is at your
location.  Also for station with LED PIDS, PRIDE 2 has train departure
countdown right at the end of top line and when train departs, it
displays "NOW" instead of "--" (two dashes).