Re: [Melb] Will new trams draw too much current?

> > Interesting.  Just shows how observent I am.  I don't use route 70 much.
> > I've noticed that route 72 is always Z except for the other day when I
> > got a B2 on this route.  Years ago there was W class trams on route 72.
> > Damn I miss those W class trams!! just the rattling they made as they
> > went over the junction and the fact that their bell sounds real!
>
> Route 72? you mean 75 now?

Route 72: Melbourne University - Camberwell.
(Passes through Camberwell Junction, in Burke Rd)

Run from Malvern Depot, until about 1993 this was all Ws, then Z1/Z2/Z3
crept into Malvern Depot until the Ws were left to run routes 8/16 only.

Malvern Depot has 5 B2 class trams (2004, 2056, 2085, 2096, 2115) used
mainly on the combined 16/69 on a weekday, but they have been seen running
route 8 and 72.

1991-1996 I spend most of my transport time on Ws on either route 72 or
69, ah they were the days.

C @ Uni.