Re: [Melb] Airport Heavy Rail Connection Needed!

3b0909a3$1@iridium.webone.com.au">news:3b0909a3$1@iridium.webone.com.au...

<2d250828.0105201049.22e317ec@posting.google.com>...

> >>Doesn't the docklands (light) railway link to the city airport?
> >
> >AFAIK, the DLR does not go to LCY.
> >
> I have not travelled on DLR (a bit too tram-like for my tastes), but...
>
> My 1999 map of London shows 2 DLR stations which imnply connection to City
> Airport....
>
> (a) "Price Regent" connection by shuttle bus and
> (b) "Sivertown and London City Airport" (staggering distance?)
>
> Comments?
>
> >Dave

The North London Line (ex BR) goes to Silvertown and City Airport. This line
doesn't go into central London so a change is needed to get to the airport.

FWIW, the current tube map at London Transport's site lists Canning Town as
the connection point for the airport bus.

See http://www.dlr.co.uk/ for proposed extension to the airport.

<end of trivia>

Les